Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Small Company, Big Impacts

First of all I would like to say to Emily that I’m a little jealous that you got to Wangari Maathai first. I was talking about her in my Environment and Development class earlier today and she’s such an inspirational leader, great choice! I’m going to take a different approach and focus on a new upcoming company, rTerra. rTerra is a consulting firm based in the Rhode Island/Massachusetts area, it was established earlier this year. They are an in-between man for government and commercial institutions to create greener working practices. Basically they help and teach people how to use clean energy, specifically wind and solar power.
What I find really interesting about this company is that it has such a diverse group of employees, not all who come from an environmental field. My uncle is the CEO of the company and he is new to the environmental world. I like the concept that it shows anyone with the initiative can go out and make a difference. And I believe these small companies like rTerra are going to play a huge role in converting our society to a greener and healthy one.
It's a pretty cool company and I encourage you all to check them out! http://rterra.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment